Pokémon Go Addict Alert!
Yes, I’m a Pokémon Go addict! I charge my phone often, I use lots of data and I walk a lot. I’ll even take your phone on a run to hatch that egg…
Pokémon Go hasn’t even officially been released in SA, but we’re all playing it. My teenage years spent playing the video games, the trading card games and just general Poké-obsession is now paying off. All those hours committing Pokémon names, characteristics, attacks, stories, collectables etc. to memory is now serving a purpose – yay, for being a nerd!
It’s probably one of the reasons I didn’t get any girls during my teenage years. But now that I’m married… harties Aanikah… I’ve evolved into MEGA-NERD…no wait, it’s happening again… I’m now ULTRA-NERD – that’s two evolutions in a few days 🙂
On a positive note:
- My Instagram obsession is on hold because I’m saving battery power for Pokémon Go;
- I’m making my step count every day since I got the game – Vitality poooooints!!!
- I’ve been to the Company’s Garden each day this week hunting Bulbasaur. It’s actually really nice there. <Mental note: I should go more often during lunch>;
- I’ve found some cool new landmarks around the CBD;
- All this added outside time is darkening my tan in the middle of winter – winning;
- Family walks around the neighbourhood in the evenings are becoming a thing, and
- I’m really excited to go on my next trail run – I need to know which Pokémon are on Table Mountain!!!
I’m actually surprised that I put my phone down long enough to write this post. Okay I lied. I checked it about 12 times and caught 2 Zubat!
I’m gonna be the very best…
Have you been playing Pokemon Go? Let me know your thoughts on the game in the comments section below.