Salomon XA Enduro review
The Salomon XA Enduro is a mountain running shoe that can handle some extreme environments. We checked it out and put it through some proper mountain adventures…
The first time I wore these were straight out of the box on an 8hr tour of Pieke in Jonkershoek. For those that don’t know the area, it is seriously tough running out there with some off-trail sections and a healthy dose of scrambling.
Next up it went on a two day Table Mountain run that you saw on our Trail Life episode 2 and also a 2 day 70km Cederberg fastpacking adventure (that video coming soon as well).
If you haven’t noticed yet, the XA Enduro is made for tough terrain and off-trail adventures. It’s an evolution of the rest of the Salomon XA range, but is made for running in harsh environments and the built in gaitor echoes that.
I dig the look of this shoe and it performs superbly on technical trail missions.
Here’s what we thought about the Salomon XA Enduro:
- The overlays make it super durable and ready for intense and technical mountain runs
- A comfortable and functional gaiter kept stones and debris out
- Solid chassis and that great fit that I just love from Salomon
WHAT NEEDS WORK
- The outsole (although sticky and amazing feel underfoot) seems to wear just as fast as any other Salomon. This is a common complaint from across the models
- As a result of the point above, I feel it’s a bit pricey. If it lasted longer then I would reconsider
This shoe is basically bombproof and if you are looking for a trail shoe that can handle anything for your gnarliest of mountain adventures then the Salomon XA Enduro is for you.
Price and durability are my only concerns. But I thought they were fantastic overall and I’d love to hear what you think about them in the comments section below.
Buy your pair of Salomon XA Enduro here
Get behind our quest to bring you the REALEST reviews by supporting us on Patreon
Check out other LTC reviews here