Suunto Spartan Trainer Review – Great Little Budget Watch
We all want to believe that the most expensive GPS watch is what we need to improve our training. But what if I told you that it’s simply not true…
The Suunto Spartan Trainer Wrist HR completely breaks that idea with ease. It’s the cheapest triathlon watch available and comes with everything most people expect in a GPS device:
- Accurate GPS tracking
- Wrist-based Heart Rate Monitor – which is very accurate as well due to the fantastic sensor that is used
- Bluetooth capable to connect to your smartphone and Suunto app
It delivers everything I need and have been using it for more than a year – and I was training with a coach. Not once did I feel that I was missing a feature.
Here are my thoughts about the Suunto Spartan Trainer Wrist HR GPS device:
- Packed full of features and actually budget friendly
WHAT NEEDS WORK
- Only thing I wish was that it had an actual interval feature that I could preprogram and not have to manually intervene
- Uploading workouts from my coach would be handy, but I managed to live without this
I’ve been using this watch for more than a year and have just switched to the new Coros Apex which has landed in SA. The only reason I changed was because it too has all the features at a budget price, but the battery life is even better so it’s perfect for the multi-day missions in the mountain without needing a charge.
Still, the Spartan Trainer is amazing at it’s price point. I’ve recommended it to a few of my friends who have loved it since getting theirs and I’m sure you will too if you end up buying this.
Get your Suunto Spartan Trainer Wrist HR here on takealot.com
Get behind our quest to bring you the REALEST reviews by supporting us on Patreon
Let us help you find the most badass road and trail running gear here